20.1.07

like cake

not quite 24 hours, but here i am on my couch with my beautiful new family member. interweb, meet MacBook.



luckily, my iBook managed to hold out for about 45 minutes of hard core data transfer. anyone who anticipates a mac-to-mac transfer in the near future: let me assure you it is simple as pie. after my inaugural boot, the shmancey Mac orientation movie prompted me to restore settings and data from my previous machine. plug in to power, connect with firewire, hit enter, and enjoy dinner with a glass of celebratory chianti. then, it's like i'm back on my iBook - from my mail settings to my bookmark organization, right down to the spatial layout of the countless pdfs cluttering my desktop. beautiful.

1 comment:

GREG said...

HAWT.

I have been dabbling with the idea of buying a MacPro this spring when Leopard is released. It's good to hear that things are so easy when migrating. Perhaps I will celebrate with a glass of Scotch instead!