31.1.06

sleepy food

as evidenced by my absence from internet-world, i am still spending approximately 80% of my waking hours in front of a microscope. thanks to my "careful" planning, i think i may actually have enough data collected to analyze for an abstract deadline coming up on friday. but by writing that i have probably jinxed myself. at this point, all my poor grad student soul can ask for is a phoenix of a result, to assemble and rise from the ashes of my endless boring days spent counting cells on a computer screen. remind self: i love science.

in the meantime, i just came up with the best bed time snack of 2006 so far. leftover couscous with apricots and almonds, reheated. drizzled with a little of the trial size bottle of San Giorgio Morgeto olive oil that was kindly given to me by one of the olive oil guys at the ottawa food & wine show when i told him i was a poor grad student and could tragically only afford low-medium grade olive oil. then a tiny pinch of kosher salt. mmmmm. this is the BEST olive oil i've ever tasted. i may not be lying if i told you i actually drank a tiny bit. hey, i can think of MUCH worse things to drink.

time for bed.

No comments: