22.10.05

sacks, oliver

it's the kind of cold rain day outside that has been so far perfect for things like listening to mazzy star, eating oatmeal with maple syrup, responding to letters from friends, and having conversations with mikey the cat (who keeps asking to go outside, but then abruptly turning up her nose and walking away when i show her it is still a cold rain day outside).

my most recent conversation with mikey focused on the exciting events planned for this evening:

Keynote Lecture
Muki Baum Conference on Sensory Disorders and Therapy
6:30 pm (doors open at 5:45 pm)
Featuring: DR. OLIVER SACKS

as mikey contemplated my praise of 'Uncle Tungsten' and 'The Island of the Color-Blind', my anticipation for this landmark event in the history of my life mounted. oliver and i found each other approx. 5 years ago when i picked up one of his neurological case study books at the recommendation of a psychology prof. he rapidly ascended to my ranks of 'science hero'.

i need to go find something appropriate to wear.

1 comment:

mo** said...

I loved reading Zen and the art of Motorcycle maint. :)